Maybe you’ve made a decision to follow Jesus recently (or even years ago).
So what’s your next step? What do you do now?
For some of you…the next step is baptism.
Now I realize that there is all sorts of baggage around baptism. That’s why I’d love for you to read to the end of this.
Baptism is something that has marked the response of people to Jesus for 2000 years. In the New Testament every time someone started following Jesus they were baptized.
And if you haven’t been baptized since you’ve decided to follow Jesus, we’d love to baptize you.
And in the meantime, here are 7 reasons you would want to be baptized as your next step:
1. Obedience. Jesus said that you should be baptized when you trust your life to him. In baptism followers of Jesus get to experience something Jesus experienced.
2. You're Afraid. The fact that you’re afraid is actually a sign your should be baptized. Your biggest breakthroughs often come on the other side of your biggest fears.
3. It Will Form A Milestone In Your Life. In the same way graduation marks finishing school, marriage marks the beginning of a new relationship, so baptism marks the beginning of your new faith journey.
4. Your Baptism Is For You. For those who were baptized as children, being baptized after your decision to follow Jesus is a way of marking your decision personally.
5. God Will Use Your Story. Baptism is going public with your faith and you get to announce something powerful with a profound action.
6. Your Friends And Family Will Celebrate... And Be Impacted. When we baptize you on a Sunday, we encourage you to invite your friends and family to come with you. For many of them, this will be a rare trip to church. Who knows what God will do in them as they watch what he has done in you?
7. It’s Easy. It's a big step, so let us take care of the details. We will talk before hand to answer questions and understand your story. On the day of, we’ll get you squared away with a T-Shirt and plenty of time to take in the moment. We worry about the details so you don’t have to.
So what’s keeping you from being baptized?
You can start the process right now. Just click on this form.
We’re already cheering for you!